HOLYROOD ART CLUB
About Us
HISTORY
1957 The Holyrood Art Club evolved from an Art Class run by Joe Maxwell. It had 20 members and held its first exhibition at the Lyceum Gallery
1960 Classes move to the South Bridge school
1961 Classes move to Riddles Court
1974 Joe Maxwell is appointed "Life President"  The first Newsletter is published
1985 Meetings move to ECAS House
1988 A second annual exhibition - "The Festival Exhibition" is inaugurated. Paintings are not selected and are removed on sale
1994 The Club leaves ECAS House and moves to St Georges West in Shandwick Place
1997 Club's 40th Exhibition held at Adam House
2002 Video library of VHS Art videos inaugurated - later upgraded to DVDs
2005 Club Web Site set up
2005 Last "Festival Exhibition"
2007 Club enters the electronic age purchasing a laptop, TV camera, and video projector
2007 50th Anniversary dinner held at the City Halls
2012 The Club moves from St Georges West to Augustines United Church on North Bridge
2012 Annual Exhibition held at Greyfriars Kirk
2017 60th Anniversary dinner was held at The Edinburgh Royal Society in George Street